Sociology Blog 3

The video we watched really got to my head. It made me think way more than I thought that it would. I didn’t want to believe it right away, it honestly made me a little angry. But as I kept listening and I put myself in their shoes I couldn’t do anything but think about what they are thinking. I honestly feel sympathy for them, but I wouldn’t tie religion in with it. Religion doesn’t have anything to do with why we are fighting. I don’t understand why they would think that it is. We have people there helping them because they don’t want what they are going through. The way is see it is the people are getting hurt by their own country more than they are getting hurt by the American soldiers. Americans soldiers seem to be doing more to help the people than their own country.


I see myself fitting into the big picture of society by doing things for others and by treating my neighbor as myself. People don’t realize how much the smallest actions help the society. Some of the small things that I can do is pick up random trash blowing around, helping out elderly by cleaning their lawn or by holding the door open so they can get out of a building easier. You can also help by cleaning up after a big wind storm. Whether it is picking up branches that are all over the street and raking leaves. I also can help my neighbors with things like mowing their lawn while they’re gone or helping them with jobs they need done. Like building a fence in their yard to keep a dog in or helping them build a toy shed. We can also car pool places so that we save gas and don’t pollute the air as much. Not only will it save on gas but it will also save mileage on a car so you don’t burn through oil as fast.  I feel like I can help society in many different small ways, and the small things are what make the biggest difference. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Psychology Post #3

Sociology Blog 4